Each day, we receive tons of questions about our Orlando airboat rides, Gator and Wildlife Park, animal encounters and just what an adventure out at Wild Florida might look like. Below is a list of our most frequently asked questions that will give you a better idea of what to expect when you visit Wild Florida.
What is your address?
- Our address is 3301 Lake Cypress Rd, Kenansville, Florida, 34739.
What are your hours of operation?
- Our park is open Monday through Saturday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Reservations can be made Monday through Saturday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Is there a fee for parking?
- There is no parking fee.
Are you wheelchair accessible?
- Yes. Our Florida airboat tours are accessible by a wheelchair-friendly ramp that runs from the back of the gift shop down to the airboat loading docks. However, there are a few steps from the dock to the airboat where the guest will need to be physically transferred from the wheelchair to the airboat.
- Our Gator Park is also wheelchair-friendly as every exhibit is at ground level and the paths inside our Gator Park are compacted shells and concrete.
Can we bring our pets during our visit?
- Only service dogs wearing their service vests are allowed into our Gator Park and on our airboat tours.
Do you have any lockers or storage units?
- Unfortunately, we do not have any storage units or lockers available for guests at this time.
Can I bring outside food and drinks into Wild Florida?
- Yes! While there is food available for purchase at our on-site restaurant, the Chomp House Grill, guests are more than welcome to bring their own packed lunches and drinks.
Can I bring coolers into Wild Florida?
- Unfortunately, coolers cannot be brought on our Florida airboat rides or inside our Gator Park. However, we do encourage guests to keep them in their car so they can still access it during their visit.
Do you have a splash pad located within Wild Florida?
- We do not currently have a splash pad on site. But we have misters throughout our Gator Park that will keep you cool during your visit.
Do you provide transportation to your attraction?
- While we may not provide direct transportation from your hotel to our attraction, we do work with two transportation services that will be able to drop you off and pick you up from your hotel and our location.
- You can book your transportation and an airboat ride through Florida Dolphin Tours or Grayline.
Do you offer any discounts?
- All of our discounts can be viewed on our Deals for Humans page on our website.
- We also offer group rates and discounts for parties of 12 or more. To learn more about our group deals, please reach out to Jordan Munns at email@example.com.
Are you currently hiring?
- Please check our Facebook page or back here regularly to see what positions are currently available.
ORLANDO AIRBOAT RIDES
Do I need to reserve my airboat ride in advance? Or, can I just book my tour on the day of my visit?
- We require all airboat rides to be booked in advance, as we cannot guarantee that we’ll always have an airboat ride available for your party the day you plan to visit.
Do I have to pay online now or can I pay the day I visit?
- You can pay online at any time for your airboat ride. However, you do have the option to reserve your airboat ride over the phone at 1-866-532-7167 and then pay the day of your visit.
I’ve purchased half-hour airboat ride tickets but would like to upgrade to a one-hour airboat ride. What is the best way to do this?
- If you would like to upgrade your airboat tour, please call our front desk at 1-866-532-7167 or email our reservation team at firstname.lastname@example.org so they may find your reservation and update your airboat ride.
Is there an age requirement for your Florida airboat rides?
- No! There is no age requirement to go on an airboat ride with us. But, we will still need you to include them in your reservation so they are accounted for your airboat tour.
Do you provide life jackets during your airboat ride?
- Yes. Children five and under are required to wear a life jacket for the duration of their airboat ride. However, there are life jackets available under the seats for all our passengers that you can use if you feel more comfortable, but adults are not required to wear life jackets.
Do you provide ear protection during your airboat ride?
- Yes. Ear protective headphones are provided to both children and adults during our Florida airboat tours.
I purchased a voucher with ___. Can you tell me what this ticket includes?
- As we partner with many companies, each offer or voucher may not be the same adventure and does not necessarily mean your tour has been booked with us yet.
- The best way to find out what is included in your ticket is to call our front desk and talk to our staff about whom you purchased your voucher with so our staff can book your airboat tour.
How much are your airboat rides?
- As we offer a variety of airboat ride options, the best way to see how much these rides cost is to visit our Book Airboat Tours page to view all our rides and their prices.
We have an airboat ride scheduled at ___ but would like to do an animal encounter as well. When is the best time to book our animal encounter?
- Our porcupine, ring-tailed lemur and sloth encounters take place at 10 a.m., 12 p.m. and 2 p.m., Monday through Saturday. Our gator encounter takes place at 11:45 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3:15 p.m., Monday through Saturday. And our albino alligator training encounter takes place 10:15 a.m., 12 p.m. and 2 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday.
- Depending on when your airboat tour is scheduled, we suggest that you give you and your family about a two-hour window between your airboat tour and your animal encounter. That way you are not running off the dock to your encounter or running after your airboat ride.
Is there an age limit for your animal encounters?
- For our VIP Sloth Experience, porcupine and sloth encounter, we require that participants be at least eight years old. However, for our Dine with Crusher experience, ring-tailed lemur and gator encounter, we ask that participants be at least twelve years old. For our albino alligator encounter, we require participants to be at least 16 years old.
Can I hold any of the animals during my animal encounter?
- We currently only allow our two-toed sloth to be held during our VIP Sloth Experience.
- While many of the animals in our animal encounter are docile in nature, they are still, in fact, wild animals. For participants’ safety, we do not allow the animals to be held by anyone but our animal trainers.
- However, during the animal encounter, participants will be able to feed, pet and take their own photos of the animals while one of our trainers will go over facts about the animal and their unique personality.
How long do your animal encounters last?
- Between answering all of our guests’ questions, educational talks with our trainers, and feeding and interacting with our animals, all of our animal encounters tend to last about 30 minutes.
Do you offer any hands-on animal experiences for children that are under eight years old?
- For children that are not old enough to participate in our animal encounters, we recommend families to visit our petting zoo and bird aviary. In our petting zoo, your children will be able to pet and hug farm animals, while at our bird aviary, they’ll be able to feed and interact with tropical parrots and birds.